Mostrar 1500 resultadosDescrição arquivística
- CA ACU GBA C0166
The collection reflects the diverse collecting interests of Eric Harvie and consists of materials from many different sources. Much of the material reflects western Canadian history and military history. It includes many isolated items bearing autographs of statesmen, military leaders, and other famous people. The materials were originally arranged in accession number order by the Riveredge Foundation, but subsequently the order has been lost. Many of the items within the collection have been described separately as fonds or parts of fonds.
The collection includes substantial textual information created by or about the following: Mary Steele, Fred J. Cameron, Alexander Norman Lafferty, Holy Cross Mission (Holy Cross, Alaska), Inuit language, "Peppers" (Guest house, Tyrell Wood, England), Motor Car Supply Company of Canada Ltd., Lloyd J. Edric, J. D. Newton, irrigation, Kathleen Shackleton, Frank Gilbert Roe, William Rodney, G. F. "Hub" Adams, Grant Spratt, Ralph Will, Turner Valley, Canadian Western Natural Gas Co., Alan Edward Rowbotham, Ken Ford, Ernest C. W. Lamarque, the Bedaux Expedition, Frederick Burt-Johns, R. W. Rutherford, Don Woodside, John W. Proctor, G. W. Baird, Alejandro Malaspina, Chief Khalserten Sepass, Brinsley George H. Palmer, George Pocaterra, Upper Thelon River Archaeological Project, Nickle Arts Museum, Rudyard Kipling, Franz Liszt, Jawaharlal Nehru, Florence Nightingale, Emmeline Pankhurst, Jan Christian Smuts, Thomas Chandler Haliburton, George Bancroft, Henry Wheaton, Canadian War Memorial Exhibition (1919), Maximilian I (Holy Roman Emperor), Alfred Lord Tennyson, P. H. Galt, Ramsay MacDonald, Ernest Thompson Seton, Sir Ernest Shackleton, John Hall, Baron Napier of Magdala, Benjamin Disraeli, Captain Kidd, Henry Davis, Crown Lumber Company Ltd., Murray Christman, Austin Deuel, Donald Cameron, Laurandeau family, Carrie Jacobs-Bond, University of Calgary Department of Archaeology, "Wonderful Group" Mining Co., Nehemiah G. Ordway, Alaric B. Chapin, Albert R. Decuyper, John A. O'Farrell, Charles E. Moss, Harry Cohen, Samuel Anthony Tomlinson, Kemp family, Prince Edward Island, Lord Minto, Alfred Patrick, Edward Cox, Henry Hunt, Mungo Martin, Rudolf Cronau, A. C. Leighton, Thomas Allen.
The collection also includes sound recordings by or about the following: Ethel Baker, Cheyenne tribe, Helen Kihn, Kiowa tribe, Mackenzie River Survival Project, Maori, Rocky Boy Plains Cree Tribe, Grant Spratt, Surinam tribes.
The collection also includes films about Jimmy Simpson, Arctic oil exploration, Turner Valley oil exploration, First Nations of North America, Tom Wilson, and grizzly bears.
- CA ACU GBA C0045
- 1527-1971, predominant 1527-1825, 1924-1971
The collection consists of Stand Off colony records: recording of church service (1963) and singing (1971); photographs (1940s-1964); recorded interview with Jacob Walter on early history of colony (1971); sketches of early buildings; ethnological study, recorded observations and films by Dr. Karl Peter on colony life; microfilm of early religious writings (ca. 1550s-1560s), chronicle of Hutterian history (1527-1665, 1947- 1960), and legal agreements with government authorities (1782-ca. 1960) (predominantly in German); articles of association for Stand Off colony (1924-1956); and genealogy of Jacob Walter family (in German). Also consists of records from a number of southern Alberta colonies, especially Red Willow: German songbooks (1800s-1955, and some microfilmed from 1696-1825); medical book (1612, in German); microfilm of religious writings (1696-1875); recorded songs and interviews; and photographs (1961-1964). Includes microfilm of correspondence between Russian Hutterite colonies (1800s).
- CA ACU GBA F1952
- 1640-1968, predominant 1870-1906
The fonds consists of personal correspondence; manuscripts of his memoirs; his military writings; and extensive awards and recognitions (scrolls, addresses, etc.) presented to him.
Wolseley, Garnet Joseph
- CA ACU GBA C0033
The collection consists of diaries, letters, memoirs, reports and other records created by these individuals involved in searches for the missing Franklin Expedition, as well as other explorers who were comtemporaries of Franklin: Sir Edward Belcher, George Brown, E.N. Kendall, W.H. Hooper, Sir Francis McClintock, Sir Erasmus Ommanney, Sir William Edward Parry, Robert Peary, John Rae, Sir John Richardson, Sir John Ross, Sir Edward Sabine, R.C. Scott, and the Canadian Department of National Defence. Also consists of Robert Hood's diaries of the 1819-1820 Franklin Expedition and photographs of original watercolours painted by Lt. Hood on this Expedition; Robert McVicar's letters; Jane Franklin's signature; and miscellaneous correspondence of Sir John Franklin. Includes Royal Geographical Society articles and documents about Franklin and the Arctic (1825-1928); and records related to the following Arctic visits: M'Clure's navigation of the Northwest Passage (1876); George Back's northern Canada overland expeditions letters (1833); J.A. Cook's whaler's log, San Francisco to Arctic (1905-1906); James W. Allan's manuscript of a whaling voyage (1893); Henry W. Fielden's Arctic voyage diary (1875-1876); O.C. Forsyth-Grant's Davis Strait whaler's log (1903); Surgeon R.H. Hilliard's diary and sketches of a voyage to the eastern Arctic and Greenland (1859); log of the HMS Herald's Bering Strait voyage (1848-1851); Knud Rasmussen's Fifth Thule Expedition letter (1922); and B Westropp's journal while on the Parry polar expedition (1824-1825).
- CA ACU GBA F1393
- 1776-1963, predominant 1900-1944
- The fonds consists of correspondence, literary manuscripts (The Three Marys, When I was a Child, His Hour or Two, Mine Inheritance, Triumph, What's Past is Prologue, Family Album, The Staff at Stimsons, A Candle in the Rain, Tales of the Black Flag, Hands Up, Brothers in Arms, Under Which King, Island of Arran, The Transplanted, Once Upon a Time, The Garricks of Renfrew, Dead Men's Bells, The Flying Years, etc.), reviews of books, publication agreements, scrapbooks, newsclippings and family photograph albums. Includes Pauline's diaries (1947, 1959, 1961) and correspondence. Also includes material collected by Frederick for research purposes: ration ticket of Cree, Mechawayis of the Sweet Grass band (1885), and newsclippings about Sitting Bull, Sioux uprisings, etc. (1890s).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Blackfoot, Canadian Authors Association, Bliss Carman, John Murray Gibbon, George H. Gooderham, William H. New, Walter J. Phillips, poetry, and Bernard Keble Sandwell.
Niven, Frederick J.
- CA ACU GBA C0138
- 1794-1994, predominant 1875-1992
The collection consists of photocopies of Metis genealogical research material collected by Burtonshaw from such sources as Library and Archives Canada, various libraries and churches, and personal contacts. Includes a complete run of "The Metis Newsletter" as well as Metis Researcher lists compiled by Burtonshaw. Burtonshaw's personal memoirs "I Remember" are included. Also includes photographs of Manitoba and Geoff's hometown of Valpoy, Barkerville and the Cariboo country of British Columbia, Fort Simpson, Hay River, Nahanni, Batoche, the Fidler family reunion, etc.
- CA ACU GBA F0591
- 1795-1968, predominant 1911-1968
- The fonds consists of family correspondence (1911-1968); George's historical society correspondence, history articles by various authors (1923-1926), and newsclippings on historical topics (1897-1965); David's diary of boy scout activities (1927); family certificates, memberships, programs, greeting cards and autograph book; and photographs of farm machinery, the Ranchmen's Club and Calgary.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Military Institute, Bow River, Ephrem A. Brisebois, Leonard W. Brockington, George F. Buchanan, buffalo hunting, Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) construction and land, Chiniquay (Stoney), Fort Calgary, Isaac Cowie, Crowsnest Pass, Insp. Francis J. Dickens, Alexander L. Fortune, fur trade, F.W. Godsal, golf, George H. Gooderham, Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), Fort Livingstone, liquor traffic, Marquess of Lorne, Charles C. McCaul, Archibald McDonald, Joseph McDonald, Metis, William Pearce, Peigan Post, Walter Joseph Phillips, Peter Pond, Prince's Island Tennis Club, Riel Rebellion (1885), Saskatchewan River, Selkirk Settlement, Andrew Sibbald, T.M. Steedman, surveyors, Edmund Taylor, Archdeacon J.W. Tims, University of Alberta, James N. Wallace, and A.R. Wright.
- CA ACU GBA F1765
- The fonds consists of letters to brother, John Sutherland, in Orkney, Scotland. Includes Sutherland's will and some correspondence regarding his estate.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Robert Clouston, James Gaddy, Colin Inkster, James McTavish, Moose Factory, Norway House, Red River Settlement, Sir George Simpson, James Sinclair, George Sutherland, Roderick Sutherland.
- CA ACU GBA F1636
The fonds consists of diaries (1909-1964) of Earle and Jean Scarlett; correspondence between Earle and Jean (1917-1929); correspondence with family members, friends and colleagues; copies of published articles; drafts of articles, addresses and broadcasts (1935-1979); interview with Scarlett by Charles Roland; reference files; and photographs of student years, military service, Calgary events and family; also includes research files of Bill Musselwhite used in the preparation of his biography.
- CA ACU GBA F1506
- 1823-1973, predominant 1939-1945
The fonds consists of John's autobiography, military papers, newsclippings, album of Second World War photograph, scrapbook and oil company share certificates; family histories of the Proctor and Wright families; and diary kept by Minnie Proctor Northrup (John's aunt) during trip across Canada with Conservative MPs (1902). Includes a letter from Gen. T.B. Strange to Capt. Joshua Wright about the 1885 Riel Rebellion (North West Rebellion).
Proctor, John W.