- 1947-1985 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
2.37 m of textual records
Name of creator
The Crescent Park Community Association was organized in 1947 and incorporated in 1948. Its purpose was to arrange community recreational projects and physically improve the district. By 1973, as a result of decreased community commitment, lack of participation in activities, and low attendance of meetings, the community club ceased to exist. In September 1974 a group of citizens met to reactivate the club and in 1976 its name was changed to the Crescent Heights Community Association.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gift of Crescent Heights Community Association, 1983-2016.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- The fonds consists of incorporation documents, minutes, correspondence pertaining to recreational activities and special events, cashbook, newsletters, grants applications, and a needs and preference study. Also includes Alberta Provincial Survey of Historic Buildings forms.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Bridgeland-Riverside-Renfrew Rate Payers Association (Subject)
- Calgary Booster Club (Subject)
- Calgary Community Recreation Association (Subject)
- Calgary Racquets Club (Subject)
- Calgary Rosedale Community Association (Subject)
- Crescent Heights High School (Subject)
- Community Planning Association of Canada. Calgary Branch (Subject)
- Federation of Calgary Communities (Subject)
- Killarney-Glengarry Community Association (Subject)
- North Bow Community Planning Association (Subject)
- North Hill Community Curling Club (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Thursday, December 22, 2016