CA ACU GBA F0516
Chestermere Historical Society fonds
- 1884-1994 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
60 cm of textual records. -- 58 photographs
Name of creator
The Chestermere Historical Society was formed in 1961 to research and publish a history of the area encompassing Chestermere Lake, Shepard, Conrich, Delacour, Dalroy and Forest Lawn, just east of Calgary, Alberta. The resulting book, Saddles, Sleighs and Sadirons, was published in 1971, and launched at the Chestermere Hall in February 1972. The organization was formally dissolved on October 7, 1994.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gifts of Chestermere Historical Society, Mrs. W.E. Sunderland, Elaine Peak, Dorothy McElroy, Katherine Clarke, Jennifer Peddlesden, and Ken Soderberg, 1970-2013.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- The fonds consists of minutes (1961-1994), research notes and drafts of family histories (1969-1971), correspondence, photographs of the Forest Lawn, Shepard and Hubalta areas (1880-1940), and promotional material for the book launch (1972).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.
Place access points
Name access points
- Attwood, William (Subject)
- Bennett, Thomas J. (Subject)
- Cashel, Ernest (Subject)
- Gilbert, Charles Thomas (Subject)
- Kinniburgh, Charles (Subject)
- Layzell, Arthur (Subject)
- Lewis, Daniel (Subject)
- O'Sullivan, Patrick (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Friday, December 21, 2018