- 1918-1975, predominant 1918-1961 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
9 cm of textual records. -- 1 photograph
Name of creator
In 1911 Campbell and Hillier Ltd., sanitary plumbing, heating and ventilating engineers, was established at 1008-17th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta by William M. Campbell and John H. Hillier. Campbell was president and Hillier was vice-president until 1943. Hillier was president, 1943-1954, followed by A.W. Taylor, 1955-1961. In 1961 the company was re-incorporated as Campbell and Hillier (1961) Ltd. by John S. Malkinson and Leslie G. Topley. The business moved to 2711-14th Street SW in 1976. Ted Wealleans became president in 1979.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gift of Campbell and Hillier Ltd., 1985.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds consists of articles of association (1918), shareholders register (1920-1955), Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) siding agreements (1926-1933), employee timesheets (1954-1955), minutes and agreements (1958-1961) and a photograph of the Calgary Public Building under construction.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
No finding aid, but the photo has been digitized.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.
NA 4807 is a copy of PB 671.
Link added to Archives Photographs on August 2, 2018.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Thursday, August 02, 2018