Calgary Television fonds

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Calgary Television fonds

Parallel form(s) of name

    Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

      Other form(s) of name

        Identifiers for corporate bodies

        Description area

        Dates of existence

        History

        Calgary Television Ltd. was incorporated in 1953 as a joint project of CFAC, CFCN and CKXL radio stations in Calgary, Alberta. The station was licenced with the call letters CHCT. In 1955 studios were built at 955 Rideau Road SW. In 1957 the station joined the CBC cross-Canada microwave network. In 1967 the station was purchased by Selkirk Holdings and in July 1971 the call letters changed to CFAC-TV. In September 1975 the station became independent of CBC. In 1981 the studios moved to Centre Avenue and Barlow Trail NE. For further information see Anybody Watching / Jim Mackenzie. -- Calgary : Mack Parlor Press Limited, 1984; and 40 Years of Calgary Television / Calgary : CICT Independent Calgary Television, 1994.

        Places

        Legal status

        Functions, occupations and activities

        Mandates/sources of authority

        Internal structures/genealogy

        General context

        Relationships area

        Access points area

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Occupations

        Control area

        Authority record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules and/or conventions used

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language(s)

          Script(s)

            Sources

            Maintenance notes