CA ACU GBA F0381
- 1956-1988, predominant 1987-1988 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 cm of textual records
Name of creator
The Calgary Petroleum Club is a social club which was organized in 1948 by a small group of Canadians and Americans, to enable oil people based in Alberta to get better acquainted. It originally had its clubrooms in the Palliser Hotel, but soon moved to the top floor of the Automotive Supply Building. By 1960 it was in its present home at 315-5th Avenue SW.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gift of Val Simonson, 1988 and Victoria Cass, 2008.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds consists of bylaws (1956), annual report (1962), and newsletters, The Derrick (1974-1975, 1987-1988).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
No finding aid.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.