CA ACU GBA F0375
- 1915-1963 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
5 cm of textual records. -- 1 photograph
Name of creator
The Calgary Women's Musical Club was organized in Calgary, Alberta in 1912 by Mrs. Herbert E. Anderson, "to stimulate an interest in, to encourage the study of and to uphold the standard of good music in the community". These objectives were achieved by club sponsorship of recitals and public musical performances, and by the presentation of scholarships to music students. In 1955 the name was changed to Calgary Musical Club. The club played a leading role in Calgary's musical life until 1967, when it folded due to declining membership. For further information see Florence Musselwhite "Calgary Women's Musical Club" Canadian Encyclopedia (online).
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gifts of Mrs. H.M. Paterson, Florence Gillespie, Mary Shortt and L. Naylor, 1976-1990.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds consists of constitution (1924, ca. 1955 and nd), programs (1915-1963), newsclippings, and a brief history.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
No finding aid.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.
Most of the official records were lost in a basement flood. The existing records came from individual members.
Place access points
Name access points
- Calgary Women's Musical Club (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Wednesday, September 19, 2018