CA ACU GBA F0357
- Copied 1985 (originally created [ca. 1918-1955]) (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The Calgary Golf Club was established in Calgary, Alberta in 1897. The course was frequently moved until 1910 when the club was incorporated and a permanent course established. The club originally had 240 shareholder members. This was later raised to 400. Over the years the club hosted many tournaments. The club's name was eventually changed to Calgary Golf and Country Club. For further information see Calgary Golf and Country Club, 75 Anniversary : 1897-1972 and The Calgary Golf and Country Club, 1897-1997 : More than 18 Holes / Tyler Trafford. -- Calgary : The Club, 1997.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds consists of photographs of the clubhouse, the course and golfers.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
No finding aid, but the photos have been digitized.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals are held by the Calgary Golf and Country Club.
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.
Link added to Archives Photographs on July 20, 2015.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Thursday, March 03, 2016