Brooks Central Feeders' Association was started in 1957 with the primary objective of providing its members with livestock for feeding, through a system of livestock loans. In 1969 it amalgamated with Bow Valley Livestock Feeders' Association, under the name Brooks Central Feeders' Association. Carl J. Anderson was the association's supervisor. At the 1979 annual meeting it was unanimously voted to wind up the association. Surplus money was allocated to the 277 members in proportion to the business done with the association since 1960.
Part of the records of BCFA were held by former supervisor, Carl J. Anderson. The rest were stored at the headquarters of the Bow Slope Shipping Association, whose office space was shared by BCFA before its dissolution.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gifts of Carl J. Anderson and Bow Slope Shipping Association, 1984-1985.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds consists of minutes, bylaws, correspondence, financial statements, membership lists, and livestock purchase records.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
The records of Bow Valley Livestock Feeders' Association, which amalgamated with BCFA, are also held by Glenbow.
Title based on contents of records.
A new Brooks and District Feeders Cooperative Ltd. was established in 1986.