Archives and Special Collections
Fonds F0199 - Beth Tzedec Congregation fonds
ACU GBA F0199
Beth Tzedec Congregation fonds
- 1948-1986 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
3.3 m of textual records. -- 14 photographs. -- 3 film reels
Name of creator
The Beth Tzedec Congregation in Calgary, Alberta was established in 1987 as a result of the amalgamation of the Beth Israel and Shaarey Tzedec congregations. Beth Tzedec is a conservative congregation with a synagogue located at 1325 Glenmore Trail SW. Beth Israel was a conservative congregation founded in 1950; Shaarey Tzedec was a modern Orthodox Jewish congregation established in 1959.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gift of Beth Tzedec congregation, 1987-1994.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds consists of records of the Beth Israel and Shaarey Tzedec congregations which include incorporation documents; board, executive and committee minutes; membership lists; correspondence; newspaper clippings, scrapbooks, photographs and a film showing the dedication ceremony for Shaarey Tzedec Synagogue.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Inventory available. Please consult before requesting material. https://glenbow.ucalgary.ca/finding-aid/beth-tzedec-congregation-fonds/
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.